Updated May 14, 2020
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
We collect and use the following personal information:
- Identifiers: Username and password for water ordering system; name, company, title, address, phone number, email address, and interest in public mailings.
- Commercial Property: Water order information including date ordered, date delivered, address of delivery, and amount of water.
- Internet or Network Activity: IP address, browser, operating system, referral URL, pages viewed, and date/time of visit.
- Financial Information: Credit card, bank account, and other billing information.
Sources of Personal Information
We obtain personal information from the following sources:
- You (or your authorized agents).
- Your devices and Internet Service Provider, when they connect to our website or computer systems.
- First party and third party cookies.
- Other public agencies.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use this information to provide water deliveries and other services that we provide to our growers, to prepare reports to our regulating agencies, to send public mailings, to ensure the security of our website, to improve our communications and operations, and for other public and commercial purposes. We do not sell personal information.
We may, from time to time, share this information with third parties, including other public agencies, to the extent permitted by law.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under the CCPA, California residents have the following rights:
- Access to Information: No more than twice in a 12-month period, you may request disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of your personal information we have collected. You may also request disclosure of the sources of the information, the business or commercial purposes we use it for, and the categories of third parties we share it with.
- Data Deletion: You may request that we delete any of your personal information we have collected, subject to the exceptions provided in the CCPA.
All requests to exercise the above rights must be “verifiable” as defined by the Attorney General’s guidelines under the CCPA. To make any such request, please contact the district via any of the following methods:
- Mail: 12109 Highway 166, Bakersfield, CA 93313
- In Person: 12109 Highway 166, Bakersfield, CA 93313
- Phone: (661) 858-2281
- Email: email@example.com
Children’s Online Information Privacy
This website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not monitor the age of our users, but we do not intentionally collect any personal information of children under the age of 13.
Your privacy is important to us. We take reasonable measures to maintain the security of our systems and facilities. However, we are not responsible for the interception of any transmission of information made to us. Please be mindful of the security of the channels through which you communicate.